This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: du from / say du: cannot change to directory .: No such file or d irectory
- To: "Tolkin, Steve" <Steve dot Tolkin at fmr dot com>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: du from / say du: cannot change to directory .: No such file or d irectory
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 06:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
Works for me. The output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' would help to decipher your
--- "Tolkin, Steve" <Steve.Tolkin@fmr.com> wrote:
> 603/> du
> du: cannot change to directory .: No such file or directory
> 606/> type du
> du is hashed (/usr/bin/du)
> 607/> ls -l /bin/du
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 administ None 24064 Jan 17 21:17 /bin/du*
> 608/> ls -ld .
> drwxrwxrwt 48 administ Administ 45056 Jun 6 20:19 ./
> But I can in the d: (which probably does not look like / )
> 609/> cd /cygdrive/d
> 610/cygdrive/d> ls -ld .
> drwxrwxrwx 15 administ Administ 12288 Jun 6 19:43 ./
> I was able to partly workaround this by saying du *
> but that does not give me the grand total.
> Steven Tolkin email@example.com 617-563-0516
> Fidelity Investments 82 Devonshire St. R24D Boston MA 02109
> There is nothing so practical as a good theory. Comments are by me,
> not Fidelity Investments, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com