This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb and cywin
- To: nhv at cape dot com
- Subject: Re: gdb and cywin
- From: Jason Tishler <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:21:58 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corporation
- References: <002601bfd003$4a6251e0$ea36ba8c@nhv>
Norman Vine wrote:
> Earnie Boyd writes:
> >Well, I see a problem but I don't know how you managed it.
> >I must ask if you set the SHELL environment variable in say
> >.bashrc or somewhere else?
> Good catch !!
> Hmmm... I don't know.
> The only place I know of where I set SHELL is in config.sys
> SHELL=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM C:\ /E:2048 /P
> It is not set in any of
My guess is that your /etc/passwd has \r\n line ends. Hence, when
bash starts up and reads /etc/passwd, it sets your SHELL variable to
"/bin/bash^M". If this is your problem, then removing the \r's should
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org