This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: gdb and cywin
- To: "'Jason Tishler'" <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Subject: RE: gdb and cywin
- From: "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:12:10 -0400
- Cc: <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: <nhv at cape dot com>
Jason Tishler writes:
>Norman Vine wrote:
>> Earnie Boyd writes:
>> >Well, I see a problem but I don't know how you managed it.
>> >I must ask if you set the SHELL environment variable in say
>> >.bashrc or somewhere else?
>> Good catch !!
>> Hmmm... I don't know.
>My guess is that your /etc/passwd has \r\n line ends. Hence, when
>bash starts up and reads /etc/passwd, it sets your SHELL variable to
>"/bin/bash^M". If this is your problem, then removing the \r's should
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com