This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-net: viruses in .tar.gz files??
- To: khilman at equator dot com
- Subject: Re: cygwin-net: viruses in .tar.gz files??
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 20:38:32 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> When it downloads the gcc tarball my VirusScanner detects a virus in
> it. I'm running McAffee 4.5.0 (virus definition 4.0.4080). It
> doesn't name the virus, and can't clean it. To be safe I just quit
I just checked gcc-2.95.2-1.tar.gz with McAfee 1.0.4081 and it didn't
Try disabling your scanner during setup, and manually scan the
installed files after installation.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com