This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Minor /bin/sh bug
- To: Paul Stodghill <stodghil at cs dot cornell dot edu>, "Cygwin Mailing List \(E-mail\)" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Minor /bin/sh bug
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:27:37 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Paul Stodghill <email@example.com> wrote:
> I believe that I am running the latest version of everything, including the
> 6/1 snapshot
> The bug is that the "type" command returns the wrong file name when given an
> absolute pathname.
> milhouse% sh -c 'type /bin/ls'
> /bin/ls is /home/stodghil/bib/bin//bin/ls
> milhouse% bash -c 'type /bin/ls'
> /bin/ls is /bin/ls
Thanks for the bug report. This bug is within the Cygwin dll in the winsup
> By the way, which shell is /bin/sh based on?
A modified version of ash. Source is available from your favorite Cygwin
Earnie Boyd: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
__Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__Minimalist GNU for Windows__
Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com