RE: cygwin-net: viruses in .tar.gz files??

This has been my experience too, as I replied to someone yesterday, the only
way
I could initially install was by disabling the virus scanner.

Mine is version 4.0.3a, (virus definition 4.0.4081, scan engine 4.0.02).
Of course scanning setup.exe before running it, and scanning everything
afterwards
showed no problems.

It does seem to point to the handling of .tar.gz files.
As a further clue, I have installed several updates since the first time,
none of which required me to turn off the scanner, but none of which were
installed
over the internet. That is I have always, d/loaded the tarball first.

It may be the virus scanner is trying to read ahead in the tarballs before
they
have finished d/loading, and that is what gives it problems.

Hope this helps,

--
Mike Little

ServicePOWER Business Solutions Ltd