This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New version of setup.exe with fixes for i686-pc-cygwin/* problem
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: New version of setup.exe with fixes for i686-pc-cygwin/* problem
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:29:53 -0400
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
The version of setup.exe that I uploaded last night made some stupid
assumptions about removing directories from i686-pc-cygwin. I've uploaded
a new version of setup.exe to sourceware which just deletes files in the
i686-pc-cygwin hierarchy that are outdated by the new cygwin 1.1.2 (or
any other installation, for that matter) installation.
I apologize for any problems I caused by this bogus version.
You may also notice a "setup-1.48.exe" in the latest directory. This is
the version of setup that DJ has been working on. It is still experimental
but probably will go live soon. AFAIK, it does not have the "remove files
from i686-pc-cygwin" option at all.
For now, it is probably best to use the setup.exe program unless you are
subscribed to cygwin-developers.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com