This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New version of setup.exe with fixes for i686-pc-cygwin/* problem
- To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
- Subject: Re: New version of setup.exe with fixes for i686-pc-cygwin/* problem
- From: jlarmour at redhat dot co dot uk (Jonathan Larmour)
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:03:22 +0100
- Cc: nhv at cape dot com, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
In article <firstname.lastname@example.org> you write:
>You need to decide, binmode or textmode. Operating in both is a major cause
>for a major headache.
Isn't the point that it depends on the data at that mount point? In the case
of Windows-y areas, text mode is exactly correct.
Plus textmode is still the default for mount.
Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow." || These opinions are all my own fault
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com