This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: gdb 20000608
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Updated: gdb 20000608
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:00:17 -0400
- References: <20000608213429.A17532@cygnus.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 11:01:45AM -0700, Richard Stanton wrote:
>There seem to be some problems with the updated gdb.
>First, McAfee Virusscan complains the archive has a virus inside, but
>doesn't give me any virus name. I switched off the virus checker, and
>installation proceeded OK.
>Prior to the update, typing
>would fire up gdb in GUI mode. Now, I get back a command prompt without ever
>seeing anything happen at all.
>Within EMACS, gdb starts up OK, and kind of works, but I can't see the
>source file. For example, with my source file c:\projects\sbir\simls.c, I
>asked to run gdb on the executable simls.exe. Emacs opens a window showing
>the (empty) NEW file c:/cygdrive/c/projects/sbir/simls.c.
Please read my message sent earlier today on this subject.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org