Re: Cygnus 1.1.2 setup hangs for me under Windows NT 4.0

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 01:15:22PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- "Fowler, Paul B." <paul.fowler@unisys.com> wrote:
>> 	I checked the archives and mailing lists, and I see no reference to
>> this problem.
>>
>> 	I am a newbie...
>>
>> 	I just tried installing the software for the first time.  The setup
>> hung when installing cygwin 1.1.2.tar.gz....
>>
>> 	I tried downloading the software from another site, and it also
>> hung.  It just eats up my processor and appears to do nothing...
>>
>> 	Is there some place I can turn to for help?
>>

>Disable the virus scanner.

Beep.

This is probably FAQ fodder but do you think that anyone would read the FAQ
at this stage of using Cygwin?

I mean, if the setup hangs would the first inclination be to look for a FAQ?

I suppose that we could actually put this in the opening setup instructions,
too.

cgf