This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygnus 1.1.2 setup hangs for me under Windows NT 4.0
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Cygnus 1.1.2 setup hangs for me under Windows NT 4.0
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:33:39 -0400
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 01:15:22PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- "Fowler, Paul B." <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I checked the archives and mailing lists, and I see no reference to
>> this problem.
>> I am a newbie...
>> I just tried installing the software for the first time. The setup
>> hung when installing cygwin 1.1.2.tar.gz....
>> I tried downloading the software from another site, and it also
>> hung. It just eats up my processor and appears to do nothing...
>> Is there some place I can turn to for help?
>Disable the virus scanner.
This is probably FAQ fodder but do you think that anyone would read the FAQ
at this stage of using Cygwin?
I mean, if the setup hangs would the first inclination be to look for a FAQ?
I suppose that we could actually put this in the opening setup instructions,
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org