This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup, default mounts
- To: Peter Ring <pri at ddf dot dk>
- Subject: Re: setup, default mounts
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 19:48:20 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
- References: <NDBBJANHJMMPEDOMFGCFAELPCIAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Peter Ring wrote:
> The Cygwin binary tar-balls tend to put most binaries in /bin. That's also
> OK, I think; that leaves /usr/bin for most other user commands and
> contributions that would otherwise go to /usr/local/bin.
Nope. gcc puts lots of stuff in /usr. Also, remember that /usr/bin ===
/bin because of the mountpoints. I'd recommend putting only 'official'
cygwin stuff in /bin == /usr/bin, and put the "other user commands and
contributions" in /usr/local/bin.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com