This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems building GDB and Insight-GDB under latest net release
- To: Sourceware Mail List <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Problems building GDB and Insight-GDB under latest net release
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:04:30 -0400
- Cc: ahare at btinternet dot com
- References: <087f01bfd316$5e05c180$0100000a@dualbeast>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 08:58:47PM +0100, Andy Hare wrote:
>This occurs in both Insight and GDB. I have looked at the code in question
>and found that the definitions in string.h differ to the definitions in
>strsignal.c. In strsignal.c the function strsignal is defined as a const
>char * but the string.h shows it as a char *. Modifying string.h to const
>char * now allows the stuff to compile. My problem is, should the mods be
>done in string.h or should strstring.c be changed, and thus who needs to
>know of the problem, here or in the GDB lists ?
>The code changes for string.h are shown below
>>char *_EXFUN(strupr,(char *));
>>const char *_EXFUN(strsignal, (int __signo));
>>int _EXFUN(strtosigno, (const char *__name));
>>void _EXFUN(swab,(const void *, void *, ssize_t));
This is already a "const" in sourceware version of newlib, from whence
this file comes, and in the newest cygwin DLL net release.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org