This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: disk/file Image Utility ?
- To: "Mark Van de Vyver - accfin_staff" <mvyver at kroner dot ecel dot uwa dot edu dot au>, <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: disk/file Image Utility ?
- From: "Terry Lincoln" <lincoln2 at rochester dot rr dot com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:02:59 -0400
- References: <200006111105.TAA23365@kroner.ecel.uwa.edu.au>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Van de Vyver - accfin_staff" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 7:05 AM
Subject: disk/file Image Utility ?
> I was wondering if there is a 'disk imaging' type utility out there -
> I've been digging for some time with no positive result. I'm new to
> Cygwin so there might be a std utility/package that could do the same
> The idea is to make a complete backup of a system disk on another
> disk under Win-NT (possibly with compressed drives!!) I've fiddled
> enough with NT to suspect that this would be extremely difficult :)
This is IMHO off topic for this list, perhaps a M$ list would be helpful.
> Related - Is there a reviews type site for gnu/cygwin packages? I've seen
> the (v.long) packages listing linked from sourceware where you have to
> drill down (a long page) to the authors site to find out what the app
> actually does, which with slow connections is quite painful.
You might try a web search site.
W. Terry Lincoln
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com