This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Make and javac compliler problem in bash
- To: Woody Jin <wjin at houston dot geoquest dot slb dot com>
- Subject: Re: Make and javac compliler problem in bash
- From: Jason Tishler <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:21:51 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corporation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org b.com> <email@example.com>
Woody Jin wrote:
> 1) I thought that javac, being a product of Sun Microsystem, (and there exist
> its counterpart in Unix) would accept unix style path, which I found
> is not
> the case.
Sun's javac does support paths with forward slashes -- but will not
handle Cygwin style path's (via mounts, symlinks, etc.).
> 2) Rather than messing around the backslash and slash all over the places,
> and make Makefiles and other shell scripts incompatible with the Unix,
> (for example, I want to use the same Makefile on both platform
We successfully use GNU make (ie, 3.79) and javac on both NT and UNIX
without any problems. See attached for an example.
Sorry, that I can't give you specific help, but hopefully knowing that
it should work will help you persevere until you succeed.
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
# $Id: Makefile,v 1.1 2000/05/05 13:58:58 jt Exp $
BaseDir = ../..
$(JAVAC) $(JAVACFLAGS) *.java \
../stgobjs/aryobjs/*.java ../stgobjs/spobjs/*.java ../stgobjs/*.java \
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org