This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: shift: can't shift that many
- To: "John A. Turner" <john dot turner at pobox dot com>, XEmacs on NT <xemacs-nt at xemacs dot org>, Cygwin mailing list <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>, bug-bash at gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: shift: can't shift that many
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 05:17:08 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- "John A. Turner" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> "John A. Turner" wrote:
> > I've successfully built a cygwin version of XEmacs 21.2.34
> > however, during make install, I get lots of msgs from bash related
> > to the shift built-in - as in the subject:
> > shift: can't shift that many
> never mind - I can't believe this, but I've been bitten by the
> "sh is really ash" feature in cygwin
> I've been using cygwin long enough to know better, but somehow
> after an update I forgot to fix that
Rather than using a workaround, why not submit a patch to ash for this feature?
Earnie Boyd: <mailto:email@example.com>
__Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__Minimalist GNU for Windows__
Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org