This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Pipe dies during backup to remote Sun QUIC streamer
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Pipe dies during backup to remote Sun QUIC streamer
- From: Uli Lange <Ulrich dot Lange at infineon dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:08:39 +0200
- Organization: Infineon Technologies AG
Op-system: 20.1 under NT4.0 service pack5
Backup client: SUN with QUIC streamer
Problem: Doing a tar from the NT box to a remote SUN QUIC streamer dies.
Used command: tar --rsh-command=/winnt/system32/rsh.exe -cvb 20 . | rsh
beach dd of=/dev/rst0 obs=20b
Description: Several files are backed up and then the pipe dies
unexpectedly with "fork [Try again]"
Reading the tape on the SUN with tar -tv shows exactly these files plus
Every comment is appreciated
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org