This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygdrive Path Prefix Patch Issue
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Cygdrive Path Prefix Patch Issue
- From: Jason Tishler <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:57:30 -0400
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corporation
Following the recommendations from "Re: mount's --change-cygdrive-prefix
option" I have implemented the following:
1. Fixed mount's --change-cygdrive-prefix functionality to save the
specified cygdrive path prefix to the user or system registry area as
appropriate (ie, -s or -u).
2. Enhanced umount by adding the corresponding --remove-cygdrive-prefix
Bob McGowan wrote:
> It is useful to display the current state before trying to
> modify it. Maybe the mount command should have a specific option to do
> so, perhaps "--show-cygdrive-prefix"? But including the cygdrive-prefix
> info as part of the default output works too. Either way, the
> information is useful.
I would like to follow the above suggestion and further enhance mount
by adding --show-cygdrive-prefix functionality. Unfortunately, given
the current public API there is no way (that I could find) to pass the
cygdrive path prefix information from inside Cygwin to mount for
display purposes. Is it acceptable to add something like
cygwin_get_cygdrive_paths() to the public API? Any other suggestions?
P.S. When I resolve this issue, I will submit my patches to the list
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com