Re: Supporting Open Source software

Tim Prince
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Faylor" <cgf@cygnus.com>
To: "cygwin newsgroup" <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: Supporting Open Source software

> We've already said that the person who would normally look into this
> problem has been on an extended leave of absence from this mailing
> list.  We have always relied heavily on Mumit to fix this kind of
> problem in the past and his absence has left a huge void.

At the very least, it has been helpful to have Mumit evaluate the
information we have gathered and submit a patch to gcc.  Many changes
are being made to gcc nowadays without considering what they do on
targets other than the ones of interest to the submittor, and we don't
want to (won't be permitted to) do the same from the cygwin side.  In
fact, many of us depend on having things work the same on cygwin and
other targets.

> The basic problem is THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE WHO UNDERSTANDS GCC
WELL