This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH2 Server for Windows ?
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: SSH2 Server for Windows ?
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:19:01 -0400
- References: <852568FF.0073EA4B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 05:06:09PM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:
>I'm confused then. What is libcygwin.a? I'd at least feel more at
>ease if I knew /why/ the cygwin1.dll dependency can't be removed and
>what the difference between libcygwin.a and cygwin1.dll (besides static
>vs dynamic) are.
libcygwin.a is a standard import library used to provide references for
linking in a DLL. If this is still confusing I'm sure someone will
respond with references to tutorials on the subject.
There is no facility for loading cygwin statically because it has never
been developed. It is not technically infeasible but it isn't easy
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com