RE: all commands start up sloooooow......

Carl,
I am not running any MS development software on this box, just some Java
development tools (JBuilder Foundation a little, TextPad most of the time).
The delay is several seconds, up to 20 seconds or so, not the normal second
or so delay that I expect every once in a while :).
I don't have my CYGWIN environmental variable set, and someone else pointed
out to me that it may be the problem. I have hit the user's manual, but am
still at a loss as how to set the variable. Is it a "regular" windows
variable, that I set in my environment, or should I set it in my cygwin.bat
file? and what should my settings be for a "regular" windows NT 4.0 box? how
do I set multiple settings for this variable, should I just seperate them
with the ":" character?
Sorry that these are such newbie questions, but I'm a newbie! :) I have
RTFM, and am still at a bit of a loss.

Thanks again for any help that can be provided.

Thanks,
Frank Merenda | Senior Software Engineer
VetExchange   | http://www.VetExchange.com
fmerenda@VetExchange.com

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."

-- Roger Caras