This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: symlink created on Samba (Final Resolution)
- To: "'cygwin'" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: symlink created on Samba (Final Resolution)
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:03:04 -0400
- References: <45BA125AAE48D311B03D00508B0CA96AA3D766@itsmail.tutsys.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 08:41:13AM -0700, Stephen Iribarne wrote:
>Ok.. After further digging here's what I find.
>So symlinks work. I ran cat on the file and found that it was working
>perfectly. Thanks to everyone for the posts.
>However, when Metawares hcppc runs it doesn't deal with the symlink
>So.. I just wanted to let everyone else know what I found. I was thinking
>that Make was the problem but it wasn't.
>I will send something to Metaware to see if they will fix this (yeah right!,
>won't hold my breath for that one.) In the meantime, it's delete and copy
I wouldn't expect Metaware to fix a problem with Cygwin symlinks. Cygwin
symlinks are entirely a cygwin invention. Unless Metware is using cygwin
they will not, and shouldn't be expected to, understand symlinks
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com