This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: make-3.79-1 simply hangs
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: make-3.79-1 simply hangs
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:50:39 -0400
- References: <NCBBLEFODDMKGPHPLFMJKEINDBAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 01:49:08PM +0200, Gerbert Orasche wrote:
>I have the problem that Make hangs, CPU is at 0 percent. The Makefile
>includes many sed generated dependency files containing DOS style CR/LF. My
>guess is that this is causing the hang.
That's usually an indication of something waiting for input. Try typing CTRL-D
and see if things progress further. Either that or type:
make < nul
I'm not suggesting that this is a fix but if things move along with this method
it means that something like sed is trying to read from standard input rather
than a file. You'll have to debug your makefile to figure out exactly what
is causing this.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com