This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: symlink created on Samba (Final Resolution)
- To: <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: symlink created on Samba (Final Resolution)
- From: Rui-Tao Dong <ruitao at home dot com>
- Date: 16 Jun 2000 10:34:01 -0700
- References: <45BA125AAE48D311B03D00508B0CA96AA3D766@i...> <20000616120304.I1165@c...>
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Faylor <cgf@c...> writes:
Chris> I wouldn't expect Metaware to fix a problem with Cygwin
Chris> symlinks. Cygwin symlinks are entirely a cygwin invention.
Chris> Unless Metware is using cygwin they will not, and shouldn't be
Chris> expected to, understand symlinks
One trick is to create the symlink on the unix side and it will became
two identical files to windows.
Rui-Tao Dong Newport Corporation
firstname.lastname@example.org 1791 Deere Avenue
(949)253-1679(Voice) Irvine, CA 92606 USA
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com