This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: weird hanging problems with cygwin v1.1.2
- To: "Larry Hall \(RFK Partners, Inc\)" <lhall at rfk dot com>, John Pollock <jpollock at curl dot com>
- Subject: RE: weird hanging problems with cygwin v1.1.2
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
This is a definite problem. I have a laptop that I have Cygwin installed on
with a NT4 sp4 OS. When using Cygwin at the office I notice little slow down
once I turn of the Virus Scanner. I, also notice that I see little problem if
I boot with no network setup when I'm at home. However, if I boot up with
network setup and am connected to my mini-hub the lights flicker and the
process of accessing the drives are delayed.
I don't have networked drives in my path and the only thing of interest in the
strace was the emulated /etc/password and /etc/group files which I believe to
be the problem here. I have nontsec set in my CYGWIN variable; but I believe
that is the default anyway.
Earnie Boyd: <mailto:email@example.com>
__Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__Minimalist GNU for Windows__
Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>
Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages with Yahoo! Messenger.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org