This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: termcap-20000618
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: termcap-20000618
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:38:54 -0400
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
I've installed a new version of the termcap package in
- Added the 'op' parameter to the cygwin /etc/termcap entry.
Patch from Earnie Boyd:
- Added common entries (vt100, xterm, rxvt) to /etc/termcap file.
(reference lost, sorry)
- Corrected built-in cygwin termcap definition. This means that
/etc/termcap is optional if you link with the new library and
only want to run your program on the cygwin console.
- Installed the termcap.3 man page.
- Changed versioning of termcap package from termcap-n to termcap-yyyymmdd.
To update your installation, CREATE AN EMPTY DIRECTORY, cd to it, and
download the latest version of setup.exe from the cygwin/latest
directory at a cygwin mirror site near you. Then type:
Answer the questions as you did when you first installed cygwin. This
procedure will only update the termcap package. If you have not
previously used the new setup.exe program to install a version of
cygwin, you probably will need to install the entire cygwin package for
Once the setup is complete you may remove this newly created directory.
It will contain the setup.exe program, a setup log file, and the termcap
tar file. None of these are needed for further operation of termcap but
you can keep them around if you are interested in reinstalling
everything later. The setup.log file contains diagnostics that will be
helpful if your installation failed for some reason.
As usual, I have only updated sourceware. The termcap files will take a
while to propagate to the mirror sites.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org . I would appreciate
if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.
GDB/Cygwin Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com