This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: termcap-20000618
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: termcap-20000618
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:52:47 -0400
- References: <01bfd95c$eca5a300$de86b3d1@deschutes>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 12:39:31PM -0700, Dale Goudey wrote:
>Linking with libtermcap.a fails, and objdump does not recognize the object
>file format of the object files in the library. I am using the latest
>error message (the same for any of the 6 object files in libtermcap.a):
> objdump: tputs.o: File format not recognized
>After restoring the previous libtermcap.a things work fine.
Or, rebuilding the termcap from sources.
The problem was that I build these things on linux and a botched
configure script ended up causing a native libtermcap.a library to be
built rather than a cygwin one. I never noticed before because this is
the first time that I built libtermcap with my nifty new "mknetrel"
script which checks out a fresh copy and builds everything with standard
Anyway, a new version has been uploaded. I'm not going to announce
this again on cygwin-announce, though.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org