This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: dj at delorie dot com
- Subject: setup-1_48
- From: jlarmour at redhat dot co dot uk (Jonathan Larmour)
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:24:07 +0100
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
I used setup-1_48 to install cygwin. Now if I run "setup-1_48 -u" every
package except cygwin-1.1.2.tar.gz is re-downloaded. From the registry
it appears that the only "installed component" is c:\cygwin. Here's the
relevant cygcheck excerpt:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Installed Components
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Installed Components\C:/cygwin
So it seems that setup-1_48 doesn't update the list of installed components.
Just FYI really. I know this new setup is not meant to be live yet, but
this is an obvious issue.
Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow." || These opinions are all my own fault
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org