This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to set editor like VIM in cygwin with and with GUI ?
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: How to set editor like VIM in cygwin with and with GUI ?
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:24:35 -0400
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 04:09:47AM +0000, Joey Yue wrote:
>I am using cygwin 1.1.0 in Win2000 Professional, and just tried to look for
>editor like VI or Emacs. I found out VIM and installed VIM today. However, I
>don't know how to set VIM in cygwin edit WITH GUI(GVIM) and WITHOUT
>Can anyone show me what changed do I have to make in .bashrc, cygwin.bat or
>any related file to use VIM with and without GUI?
>Any file or program I need to in order to make the editor work?
That kind of information would be included in the packaging of whatever
We don't yet offer vim as a standard part of a cygwin download so you'll
have to ask whomever you got this from how to do this.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org