This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup vs setup 1.48, and the cygwin.bat file
- To: pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com
- Subject: Re: setup vs setup 1.48, and the cygwin.bat file
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:32:11 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200006212028.QAA05745@disaster.jaj.com>
> ?? Setup always overwrites the file being used. (I have a copy of the
> "working" one, and so can just copy it back in and rename it each time,
> but still, setup doesn't need to do that.)
> I must be misunderstanding you.
There is an icon on your desktop that runs the "cygwin.bat" file,
right? And you've saved a "good" copy as some other name, like
"cygwin-good.bat", right? Why not change the desktop icon so that it
runs "cygwin-good.bat" so that it won't matter if setup changes
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org