RE: OpenGL, GLU, GLUT and GLUI: how do I make a contrib

You can e-mail me who archive with a README file.
I will have a look at it.  If you modification are not
breaking X protocols, I might put it in X/contrib directory.
I suspect user will still have problems linking to OpeGL/X
applications because libglut32.a, opengl32.a and libglu32.a contains
nothing for X.

Suhaib

-4.0-devel.tar.bz2
to add __attribute__ ((__stdcall__)) to the declaration of functions to
enable linking with glu32.dll via usr/lib/libglu32.a .

	usr/local/include/GL/gl.h
Modified version of usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h from
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries/xfree86-4.0-devel
.tar.bz2
to add __attribute__ ((__stdcall__)) to the declaration of functions to
enable linking with opengl32.dll via usr/lib/libopengl32.a .

	usr/local/include/glui.h
 From http://www.cs.unc.edu/~rademach/glui/; not modified. Header file for
the GLUI tool kit version 2.0 beta.

	usr/local/lib/libglui.a
A static library compiled from unmodified sources of the GLUI tool kit
version 2.0 beta, found at http://www.cs.unc.edu/~rademach/glui/.
Compilation with -O3 optimization. I highly recommend this very useful tool
kit.

Modified sections of the .h files are bracketed by
#ifdef (__CYGWIN__)
#endif

libglui.a, libglut32.a, libglu32.a and libopengl32.a interface with Windows
NT/2000. I don't know about Windows 95/98. No X server required.

I will email an attached copy of the tar ball upon request.

Regards,

André Bleau, ing., analyste
bleau@courriel.polymtl.ca

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School