gdb and threads

Are threads fully supported with the cygwin gdb?  I'm stepping through code,
and although gdb reports only one thread (well it lists two, but the first
one does not refer to any source file), execution suddenly jumps to a point
in libstdc++ (version 2.10.0) without any apparent reason (and then procedes
to segmentation fault).  The code crashes at seemly random places (in my
code) leading me to believe that a cygwin library has spawned a thread which
is crashing.

arlen