Why does cygwin 1.1.2 hide /usr/bin?

I just installed cygwin 1.1.2.

When I type mount, I get:

bash-2.04$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            user         binmode
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            user         binmode
C:\cygwin           /                   user         binmode
bash-2.04$

This is causing me problems, as when I install

http://atlas.spaceports.com/~cygwin/rpm/rpm-3.0.4-cygwin1.1.zip

from

http://cygwin.cjb.net/

It wants to install in /usr/bin and /usr/lib.  Since these are hidden by the
above mounts, the rpm command cannot be found.

If I mv rpm.exe to /bin/, then rpm complains:

Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc for reading: No such file or directory.

Of course, I could mv /usr/lib/rpm/* to /lib/rpm/, but I'm thinking this may
never end.  Plus I know that ssh is going to install in /usr/local/sbin
which will be hidden too.

My question is, why have the above mounts, and what is the best way to fix
this problem now, and in the future?

Thanks,

Ross