Re: Using glib(c) and gtk+ in Cygwin

* Jonas Jensen <bones0_list@hotmail.com> [000627 11:31]:
> Often, when I compile some 3rd party programs (as an example, nmap) on Cygwin
> (1.1.2), they fail because they require "glib", "glibc" and "gtk+". I'm pretty new
> to GNU/Cygwin stuff, but I'm guessing these are libraries?
>
> I have downloaded them all, but I can't install them because the configure scripts
> fail.
>
> *glib (1.2.8) configures ok but gives me all sorts of compile errors. I managed to
> fix the first one (something in g_strsignal), but I have no idea how to replace
> the pthread_cond_t it calls all the time.

You need to tell it not to use threading (or get the pthread lib from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com).  I think the configure command to disable
threading is --enable-thread=no (try ./configure --help).

> *glibc (2.1.3) won't run configure, because it claims that it hasn't been ported
> to "i686-pc-cygwin".

You most likely don't want to be doing anything with this.

> *gtk+ (1.2.8) can't run without glib.

This builds fine once glib is built.

Regards,

Todd Goodman