Re: Cygnus + VIM

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000 21:49:47 +0530, you wrote:

>One more problem!
>
>In Win32-VIM, pressing 'K' in normal mode would bring up help text for the word
>under cusor. In Cygwin-VIM it is invoking man.exe. Later I realized that somehow
>the
>variable 'keywordprg' is set to 'man', whereas in Win32-VIM it was not set.
>
>How do I change the Cygwin-VIM behaviour?
>
>Thanks.
>--

The question is, which behaviour do you want ?

simply do:

set kp=man

or

set kp=somethingelse\ with\ spaces

to make vim invoke another program that is capable of providing help.
The text under the cursor is added as the first parameter to the
command. If you press a number key before K the number is also added
as an parameter.

Or do you mean how to get the split-screen that shows up when vim
shows it's own help?

For this I have no idea.

Michael