From: "BenHanokh Gabriel" <gabriel@SANgate.com>
To: <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2000 10:35 AM
Subject: rpcgen / XDR supprt

hi

i'm writing apps with linux server and clinets from linux / solaris/
win32
i tought that it whould be a good idea to use XDR for binary data sent
over the net.
using XDR in Linux & solaris was as easy as saying rpcgen, but M$ choose
to use a another RPC( from DCE ) so their XDR tools are usless.

i was looking for XDR marshel/demarshel tools for win32, and didn't find
them in the cygwin release, nor in any other free group.
but when using google i have came across old mailing list saying there
is a port for SUNRPC for win32 done by Corinna Vinschen from cygnus.

pleas point me to the tools link if they are still exists ( i need only
the rpcgen + XDR libaray calls )

THX

/gabriel