Automatic double precision with g77

Hello,

I am using g77 from the latest Cygwin release that I got on June 27.
I am working with old Unix fortran77 codes written in simple precision
(default REAL variables) and I am looking for a g77 option to force
automatic double precision, such as "-r8" with Unix DEC f77 or "-dreal" with
Salford ftn77.
Maybe I missed something but I did not find anything on the man or info
pages of gcc/g77 on my Cygwin install. I looked also at http://www.gnu.org
but I was a little bit lost in the gcc/g77 manual. Maybe not a subject for
this mailing list but is there anyone who can help me ?

Thanks for your help.

Richard Grenon
40 Avenue de la Division Leclerc
92320 Châtillon - France