Re: STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION - Transferring Flex & Bison to another m achine - Advice needed

Hi folks,

On 18 Jul 00, at 15:29, the Illustrious Killion, Richard wrote:

> I am transferring a flex/bison environment from one Win 95
> machine to mine and get a Status Access violation with the new
> machine.
>
> I would like to know what I am missing. ( The engineer just left
> & I need it on my machine to continue his development.)
>
> I do not have access to a B19 setup.exe program.

	I know this may not sound very helpful, but the B19 version is
extremely outdated and has not ever really supported the Win95
machines very well.  I am well aware of deadline pressure.

	The latest release is using newer flex/bison utilities and has
a number of upgrades to everything including the shell,
binutils, compiler and a tc/tkl  based debugger(Insight/Gdb).
	It may be the quickest solution, though I doubt that it
actually directly addresses the problem you've been having with
bison/flex...at any rate,

	forgive me, please --- but I need to ask:  Why not simply
update your Cygwin development environment to the latest Cygwin
release (1.1.2)?
  	The latest download release includes precompiled flex/bison
as standard download packages afair (as far as I remember).  If
you are working on developing binutils, the latest binutil
update included with Cygwin download will proove to be a great
improvement over Cygwin B19 -- believe me, I've used both over
the years.

	If the problem persists (after about an hour of download time
depending on your line speeds and a recompile), then we, the
mailing list, can better answer the question...in fact, the
question may become moot...I hope that this helps...

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.