RE: make --win32 incorrectly handles PATH

Thanks for the replies.

You're right of course. FREE software is offered on a take-it-or-leave-it
basis.

You've given me some ammo that I can now take to my "management" and make an
argument for either a) investing a little more time to try to get this
version of make working like we want, or b) using something else. We already
looked at the most obvious "something else" options and eliminated them --
we can't freely distribute nmake, and trying to support a dozen different
IDE's is a nightmare. We chose gnu make because it's freely distributable
and widely used/understood (as much a defacto standard as anything I'm aware
of). And we moved to the cygwin port because the development platforms we
support are WinNT/98, our users aren't necessarily computer sophisticated,
and we don't want to push any more unix-style notation on them than we have
to (yeah, I know -- I prefer unix too).

I'll try to persuade my boss for permission to delve "under the hood" of
make. If I'm successful, and I come up with some fixes or suggestions, I'll
certainly share them.

Regards,
Scott Carter
Software Engineer