Bash issue... IBM / Comet

On Thursday 20 Jul 00, andrew_lawrence@uk.ibm.com writes:

> To:  psalazar@redhat.com
> cc:   ltomlinson@cygnus.co.uk, icole@redhat.com
>
> From: Andrew Lawrence1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
> Subject:  Bash issue... IBM / Comet
>

> Paul...hi I have left you a voice message...we have an urgent issue with an
> implementation of BASH 2.02 (I am advised by Sygnus at Cambridge that you
> have picked up my original Email with the detail?)...I am working with
> Comet (A high street Electrical retailer) on a store application that is
> due to rollout in mid August. We have completed 2 pilots but the stores
> have to be mandandled after crashing on a regular basis due to the issue we
> have highlighted as Bash centered.
> We are due to Pilot more stores next week, but need to make a decision
> today as to wether to move on.

Heh!  Cool!  "Programmers Unclear on the Concept"  (apologies to Mr. Boffo).

(For those of you in the U.S., Comet is comparable to Circuit City.)

I hope the guy who wrote about using Cygwin to manage NHS patient
records is reading this!

Of course, probably none of these folks read comp.risks ...

Cheers,
David