Re: ssh-agent, ntsec, and tmp permissions

At 22:46 7/26/2000 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
 >You are not using OpenSSH, do you? AFAICS, the naming of the
 >tmp subdirectories follows another scheme.
 >
 >I have just tried ssh-agent from OpenSSH and I had no problems.
 >I'm using ntsec on W2K.
 >
 >If you want to try OpenSSH you can find it in

Unfortunately, I'm still having difficulties with the persmissions, and [1]
has me rather confused. I've reinstalled the whole thing, seem to have most
things working, but when I go to install perl, openssl, and openssh, the
result of the tar is that I'm don't have the permission to copy files to
those directories. I'm sitting at home, on my laptop, as W3C\reagle but I
can't see that domain right now. So I expect the following applies [1]:

        If an NT user has one account as domain user and another
        account on his local machine, this accounts are under any
        circumstances DIFFERENT, regardless of the usage of the same
        user name and password!

Most of the filye system is:
        drwxrwxrwx   4 administ None         4096 Jul 27 14:45 etc/

which isn't surpising given [1]:
        If your login is member of the administrators' group:
        rwxrwxrwx 1  544  513  ... foo

 I suspect the following applies to me [1]:

        Unfortunately, workstations and servers outside of domains
        are not able to set primary groups! In these cases, where
        there is no correlation of users to primary groups, NT returns
         513 (None) as primary group, regardless of the membership
        to existing local groups.

        when using mkpasswd -l -g on such systems, you have to
        change the primary group by hand if `None' as primary group is
        not what you want (and I'm sure, it's not what you want!)

But I don't know what this means (change the primary group by hand)? This
page [1] is slowly becoming useful to me as I read the exposition over and
over, but I'm wishing for something along the lines of, if you want to do X,
do Y. If you can't do Z, do A, etc.

What exactly do I do, edit the /etc/{passwd,group} file? Use NT to change
the owner/permissions of the files? Use cygwin chown to do the same?

[1] http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html