accessing serial ports with cygwin

Hello,

I try to access the serial ports with cygwin under Windows95.
To do this I don't know wether I have to use the functins that are
included in
dos.h and conio.h that is part of the mingw system or wether there are
equal
header files that belong to cygwin directly.
Is there any documentation that describes the funktions included in the
header files
that come with the cygwin distribution.

Thanks a lot

Frank