Re: quirk in setup

> The quirk is that setup installs the Start Menu icon to the
> "F:\Cygnus Solutions"

It's supposed to go to your start menu, but it does use a Win32 API
call to find out where that is.

> It doesn't particularly bother me, and I would gladly try to fix it,
> once I know how <g> . . . I just thought I'd mention it.

Here is the function in winsup/cinstall/desktop.cc that sets up the
start menu link.  If SHGetSpecialFolderLocation doesn't return the
right value, it looks like it would do what you saw.  Hint: use
setup's msg() function like a "printf" for when you're running your
program under gdb.

static void
start_menu (char *title, char *target)
{
  char path[_MAX_PATH];
  LPITEMIDLIST id;
  int issystem = (root_scope == IDC_ROOT_SYSTEM) ? 1 : 0;
  SHGetSpecialFolderLocation (NULL, issystem ? CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS : CSIDL_PROGRAMS, &id);
  SHGetPathFromIDList (id, path);
  strcat (path, "/Cygnus Solutions");
  make_link (path, title, target);
}