Re: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION/segfault problems with cygwin 1.1.4

> There was a long thread on this very problem a couple of days ago.  It's not
> a cygwin bug.  It's a problem with "ld".
>
> I asked DJ to look into this.  Maybe he can provide some more details.

The problem is when you have two differently named import libraries
that refer to the same DLL.  Because they have different names, the
linker sorts them separately, but because they are the same
internally, there is only one symbol for the import, and half the
imports get ignored.

The solution will probably involve some evil hackery in the linker to
try to deduce when this happens, and fudge the library names.  No ETA
on a solution yet.