Re: gmake is slow under cygwin

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 12:27 AM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 11:55:27PM -0400, Jeffrey Juliano wrote:

>> My proposed change would make path handling even less symmetric, so
>> perhaps  it's not a good idea afterall.  Is this even worth discussing?
>
> No, I don't think so.  I'm not really going to be swayed on this issue.

Agreed.  Especially after finding the thread "File name syntax (WAS: RE:
FW: Can not config sshd)", which I had not previously read.  Sorry to bring
it up again.

In that thread, Chris points out that a leading double-slash is allowed to
be handled as a special case, and there are unix systems that do so.  I
guess that means that any code that doesn't take this into account is
broken anyway a portability standpoint.

-jeff