Linking Dynamic Libraries

Hi

I'm trying to port a compiler called SUIF to Cygwin.  I managed to get version 1 compiled (it only uses static libraries), but I'm having trouble linking shared libraries in version 2.

I'm using standard Makefiles, which were written for UNIX.  The entire platform compiles very nicely on Linux and Solaris, so I'm fairly certain that the makefiles are OK.

The problem happens when I try to link a shared library.  The library is there, I can see it in the directory.  (I'm listing output of the compile and ls below)

Can somebody please help me?  Pointing me to a reference on how dynamicly linked libraries are handled under Cygwin and (hopefuly) some advise on how to port them would be very much appreciated.

Thnx

/usr/bin/g++ -shared -o \
/home/administrator/suif2/suif2/nci/solib/libsmgn.so \
grammar.o macro.o macroBase.o parser.o \
rem_comments.o \
-L/home/administrator/suif2/suif2/nci/solib \
-L/home/administrator/suif2/suif2/nci/solib -lcommon
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcommon

ls /home/administrator/suif2/suif2/nci/solib
libcommon.so   libedgdisp.so