RE: BUG: Invalid assumption about file paths beginning with '\'

Earnie Boyd writes:

>Well, as Chris corrected, the current 1.1.4 release does allow the \
reference
>to refer to the root of the current device.  I just tested this and it does
>indeed work this way.

Yes, however this feature may not always yield the 'expected' result.

NHV:/f> mkdir foo
NHV:/f> cd foo
NHV:/f/foo> touch jnk
NHV:/f/foo> ls \foo
ls: foo: No such file or directory
NHV:/f/foo> ls
jnk
NHV:/f/foo> touch foo
NHV:/f/foo> ls \foo
foo
NHV:/f/foo> ls
foo  jnk
NHV:/f/foo> cd \
> bash: syntax error: unexpected end of file
NHV:/f/foo> cd ../
NHV:/f> cd \foo
NHV:/f/foo> cd ..
NHV:/f> cd \foo
NHV:/f/foo> cd \foo
bash: cd: foo: No such file or directory

>Let me suggest that in order to make your life easier that you
>use Cygwin POSIXly.

Good advice indeed !!

Cheers

Norman