Re: cooperation of cygwin and NuTCracker ??

--- Frank Moehle <Frank.Moehle@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Frank,

> We are going to use cygwin to port a set of unix programs from
> solaris to Windows NT. (Un)fortunately, we use a library from
> am external product. This Product has also been ported from solaris
> to NT, but using "NuTCracker".
> We only have access to the final .DLL of this external product
> (of cource shipped with the NuTCracker runtime enviroment).

I don't know NuTCracker but I do see a problem.

> ----
> API_OBJ = anaport.a
> API_DLL_NAME = anaport.dll
> API_DLL = /cygdrive/y/stmm/misc/ANAPORT/$(API_DLL_NAME)
> API_DEF = anaport.def
>
> $(API_OBJ): $(API_DEF)
>         dlltool --def $< --dllname $(API_DLL_NAME) \
>           --output-lib $@ $(API_DLL)
>
> $(API_DEF): $(API_DLL)
>         echo EXPORTS > $@
>         nm $< | grep ' T _stmm' | sed 's/.* T _//' >> $@
> -----
>
> and the went on as usual:
>
> ----
> LIBRARIES = -l<our own stuff.a> -lm

The problem is that you've use -lm.  Currently the libm.a is a symbolic link to
libcygwin.a and ld can't manage the same library with different names.  Remove
the -lm and see if that helps.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd