Re: rxvt SEGV (Win98, 1.1.5s/2000-10-08)

>  Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:32:50 +0100
>  From: David Starks-Browning <starksb@ebi.ac.uk>
>
>  You didn't change the subject line, but I take it you are not talking
>  about rxvt?  (It's not xrn, is it? :-)

Nope.  Like I said, it's the source tree for our product, which we
build using a configure script generated by autoconf and lots of other
Cygwin utilities (gmake, gcc, etc.).

I could tell you more about the product, but then I'd have to kill you
:-).

>  You also weren't clear what you meant by dropping in snapshots.  Did
>  you mean that you only replaced the cygwin1.dll?

yes.

>  This is only OK for *running* applications.  If you compile
>  anything with the new dll, you will need to install the whole
>  cygwin-inst-YYYYMMDD.tar.bz2 file.  For an easy way to do this,
>  refer to
>
>       <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-10/msg00446.html>
>
>  Please confirm whether this solves your problem, and I'll add
>  something about this to the FAQ.

We are compiling things, but we aren't linking them against
cygwin1.dll.  Our product is not linked against any Cygwin DLLs, so I
don't think this is the problem.  Certainly, we've been able to drop
in new cygwin1.dll versions in the past without any trouble.  Are you
saying that things are different in the cygwin1.dll's released since
1.1.4, and that if we are doing any compiling at all, even of things
that are not linked against cygwin libraries, we have to replace all
of cygwin?

  jik