RE: SCP

I've had the same problem. Actually, I still have it, and yes my home is set correctly, blah, blah, blah.

As a work around you can transfer files using a command like the following:

dd if=/local/dir/file | ssh -C user@remotehost dd of=/remote/dir/file

Works like a champ. In fact, this way you can do all sorts of things like tar, ufsdump, etc. to other ssh hosts. I use the above syntax for file system backups to remote hosts.

Andy
University of Missouri

http://www.hotmail.com.

http://profiles.msn.com.