Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: less 358-2

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 10:49:03AM +0300, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>> Let me do some more experimenting because I installed the new cygwin and
>> couldn't run (version mismatch problem), so I reverted to the current,
>> still official version. Now, less-358-2 + xterm works the same way that
>> the previous version of less (i.e. displays on all 40 liens, but puts
>> the mode line on line 24.) I also have a W2K system I can try things on.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I won't be able to experiment until Wednesday.
>>

>This does work with current versions in Cygwin shell window (bash or zsh). If
>I resize window and then start less, less correctly puts prompt on last line.
>
>What does not work, is resizing window while less is running. In this case
>display is messed up, and status line sometimes appear in the middle of
>screen.
>
>It does not work with vim either, so, it looks like cygwin does not support
>SIGWINCH.

% cd /cygnus/src/winsup/cygwin
% grep SIGWINCH *.cc *.h
exceptions.cc:      if (sig == SIGCHLD || sig == SIGIO || sig == SIGCONT || sig == SIGWINCH)
fhandler_console.cc:      kill_pgrp (tc->getpgid (), SIGWINCH);
fhandler_tty.cc:        _kill (-get_ttyp ()->getpgid (), SIGWINCH);
select.cc:        kill_pgrp (fh->tc->getpgid (), SIGWINCH);

cgf